[CASL-L] A new book worth adding to your collection

Lynch, J lynchj at plainvilleschools.org
Mon Sep 19 08:46:00 PDT 2016

Hello All,
I was fortunate enough to receive an advance copy of Left Out by Tim Green.
I plan to purchase multiple copies of this title as it covers many of the
issues that middle school students deal with in a non-preachy way:
bullying, feeling different, deciding whether to give up on a dream or
persevere. The book's main character, Landon, is deaf, and although he has
a cochlear implant, his speech is often unintelligible, making him the butt
of jokes. Landon wants to play football, but several members of the team
make it known that he is not welcome. For any of you whose schools do
lessons on bullying, growth mindset, or GRIT, this would be an excellent
addition. The publisher has made a curriculum guide available, which I've
attached.

--
Joyce Lynch
Library Information Teacher