[CASL-L] District Computer Science Statements

Tichy, Joan JTICHY at sheltonpublicschools.org
Tue Dec 5 08:46:36 PST 2017

http://www.sde.ct.gov/sde/lib/sde/pdf/board/position_statement_computer_science.pdf

I have attached a copy of the State of CT BOE statement on computer science K-12.  We are working towards utilizing our Library Media Program to deliver Computer Science Curriculum to our K-8 students.  Our 9-12 Computer Science classes will most likely be delivered through our Math or Tech Ed Departments.

Does anyone have a District Position Statement on Computer Science that you could share?  How are other districts handling the delivery of the Computer Science Curriculum K-8 and 9-12.  Thanks, Joan Tichy

The Board of Education complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting the exclusion of any person from any of its educational programs or activities
because of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, past or present
history of mental disorder, physical disability, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut state and/or general nondiscrimination laws.