[CASL-L] Classics Criteria?

Donna Norige donna.norige at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 11:24:23 PST 2017

Sorry to disagree but I believe there is a definition of Classic.
This from Carson-Newman University.

*What does it mean to call something "classic"? At once, the term implies
age or antiquity, but the word also implies the material is somehow
valuable. It somehow shapes what comes in later time periods. When
traditional literary scholars refer to classical literature, they usually
mean that this literature is widely acknowledged as having outstanding or
enduring qualities. Often, Shakespeare's King Lear is considered a classic
of English literature and The Scarlet Letter in American literature.*