[CASL-L] YA Book Question

Leslie Turner leslieturn3 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 11:10:51 PST 2017

Not sure if your student would be interested in these but some of my
favorites are:

*The Golden Compass* by Philip Pullman (strong female character);

*Little Brother* by Cory Doctrow (a modern day plot that may relate more to
young adults than George Orwell's *1984*);

*March: Book Three*, written by *John Lewis* and *Andrew Aydin *and
illustrated by *Nate Powell*, swept four awards: the *Coretta Scott
King* (author)
Book Award, the *Michael L. Printz*Award, the *Robert F. Sibert* Informational
Book Award and the YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young
Adults...might be difficult to find a copy to loan a copy since the awards
were just announced today.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:41 AM, Michele Eligio <
meligio at northbranfordschools.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a request from a student regarding good books that have a strong
> moral. (She really liked *To Kill a Mockingbird*.)
>
> Any thoughts/suggestions?
>
> --
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Michele Eligio
>
> North Branford High School Librarian
>
> 49 Caputo Road
>
> North Branford, CT  06471
>
> (203) 484-1465
>

> *“Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination. They open up
> windows to the world and inspire us to explore and achieve, and contribute
> to improving our quality of life. Libraries change lives for the better.”
> ~Sidney Sheldon*
>

> The information in this transmission is privileged and confidential and
> intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. If you have received this
> transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or email
> and delete the original message and any attachments. Any review or use of
> the information contained in this email message by persons other than the
> intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please notify the North Branford Public Schools immediately by telephone or
> email and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

~Leslie