[CASL-L] Back to School with ResearchIT CT and EBSCO - Fall 2017

Hansen, Eric A Eric.A.Hansen at ct.gov
Thu Jul 27 08:24:28 PDT 2017

Cross-posted, please excuse duplication.  Please forward as appropriate.

Everyone:

EBSCO has designed and scheduled webinars for this fall that are specific to its K12 resources in researchIT CT.  Below are session descriptions, schedules, and registration links.  Sessions are scheduled for morning, afternoon and evening times (please note that sessions beginning at 7:00 are evening sessions).

----------
Databases and Interfaces for Elementary School Libraries
This training session will cover researchIT CT resources available for Elementary School Libraries, including resources for the youngest users. We will primarily focus in Explora, but also discuss lesson plans, Common Core alignment, and other EBSCO resources available for teachers and librarians.

Friday, August 25 from 11:00 am - 12 noon
https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/k2/j.php?MTID=t903bbf6cc3e96fcc7f4bca4fe1b59a05

Tuesday, September 5 from 3:00 - 4:00 pm
https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/k2/j.php?MTID=tef207d746df45985f93ecee9430c7475

Thursday, September 14 from 7:00 - 8:00 pm
https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/k2/j.php?MTID=td07e8e2409b8efe88157c27eab0ef5c1

Databases and Interfaces for Secondary School Libraries
This training session will focus on individual EBSCOhost databases provided by researchIT CT that are most relevant to Secondary School Libraries. We will cover basic and advanced searching in OneSearch, along with specific interfaces, including Explora for Schools, Science Reference Center, Biography Reference Center, History Reference Center, and more.

Tuesday, August 22 from 3:00 - 4:00 pm
https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/k2/j.php?MTID=t7952aa89aaebdc23395247155d4b45d8

Wednesday, September 6 from 9:00 - 10:00 am
https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/k2/j.php?MTID=t18943039ae340a131b61f9b6b10acafe

Tuesday, September 12, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm
https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/k2/j.php?MTID=t1b1ea35c189e76b4262e2c751b006e98

EBSCO Explora
Explora is EBSCO's newest interface for schools and public libraries. Key features include: attractive, user-friendly design; easy-to-browse categories organized by popular topics; topic overviews providing starting points for research; and much more. In this 45 minute session, we will review features and functionality of the Explora interfaces for Primary, Middle, and High Schools, and for Public Libraries. We will also preview new features planned for release over the coming months.

Monday, August 28 from 3:00 - 3:45 pm
https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/k2/j.php?MTID=td20a2595c9918cb581afddc2619d0f95

Wednesday, August 30 from 9:00 - 9:45 am
https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/k2/j.php?MTID=tb9420d50e34a3dca19f79ae82a2bb202

Wednesday, September 13 from 7:00 - 7:45 pm
https://ebscotraining.webex.com/ebscotraining/k2/j.php?MTID=t4de735842a06c048adeff1b65fa9f965

The above information is also available on the State Library Continuing Education calendar here:

http://cslib.libcal.com/

Questions are welcome.

Eric
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D050D6.8BB2D200]