[CASL-L] MLSC - New Hours - Pilot

Cauffman, Stephen Stephen.Cauffman at ct.gov
Mon Mar 13 07:05:29 PDT 2017

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D03115.F4805630]

MLSC New Hours - Pilot

Based on the results of a recent survey, the Middletown Library Service Center (MLSC) is supplementing its regularly scheduled hours. On an ongoing basis, starting today, MLSC's regular hours will be 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. In order to accommodate as many people as possible, we are going to try the following new hours:

*         Opening at 7 a.m. on the first Wednesday of the month

*         Staying open until 8 p.m. on the first Thursday of the month

*         Opening from 9 a.m. to noon on the first Saturday of the month

We are trying the new hours on a pilot project basis and they will run from April to September at which point we will evaluate the new hours.

April 2017
In addition to 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, April's new hours will be:

Open 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, April 1 (the first Saturday of the month)
Open 7 a.m. to 4:30 on Wednesday, April 5 (the first Wednesday of the month)
Open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 6 (the first Thursday of the month)

** About the Middletown Library Service Center **

Circulating Collections
The Service Center loans materials out for 90 days (in most cases). You can borrow material  from us and circulate the items to your own patrons. We have the following:

*         Picture Books

*         YA Fiction

*         Juvenile and YA Nonfiction

*         Book Props (flannel boards kits with book)

*         Puppets

*         Children's, YA & Adult Book Discussion Sets, including Nutmeg Discussion Sets  (usually 12 copies of one title)

*         Maker Kits

*         Juvenile, YA, and Adult Audiobooks on CD

The Service Center houses a large collection of professional development books, which you can borrow for 90 days. This collection includes the following:

*         Neal-Schuman "How-To" series for librarians

*         Most ALA Publications

*         All the Wilson Core Collections

*         Other titles relevant to the library profession

Don't want to take the time to browse our shelves? Tell us what you'd like and we will pull the material in advance and have it ready for you to pick it up.

Large Print Books
Our collection of Juvenile, YA, and Adult Large Print books are located at the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped in Rocky Hill. If you need Large Print Books and you would like to pick them up at MLSC, please let us know at least 1 week in advance. We will retrieve the items from LBPH and have them ready for you to pick up.

Meeting Rooms and Computer Lab
MLSC has a large meeting room (maximum of 40 people) and a conference room (maximum of 16 people). The Service Center has a computer lab that contains 12 PCs and an instructor's machine. If you'd like to host a library-related meeting in our meeting room, please contact us at 860-704-2200 to reserve the room. Our meeting rooms are available during our new hours.

We also have an Ellison die cutting machine that you can use to make cutouts for displays and signs.

Looking ahead
We will try offering some professional development opportunities during our new hours. Stay tuned...

Questions?
Contact us at 860-704-2200.
Contact Linda Williams (Linda.Williams at ct.gov<mailto:Linda.Williams at ct.gov> ) for specific theme/grade level requests.
Contact Grace Burchard (grace.burchard at ct.gov<mailto:grace.burchard at ct.gov>) to reserve book sets.
Contact Grace or Judy Crooks (judy.crooks at ct.gov<mailto:judy.crooks at ct.gov>) to pull children's books or Books on CD in advance of your visit.

CT State Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.

(c) 2017 CT State Library. All rights reserved.