[CASL-L] FOR attendees at our ESSA Forum at AquaTurf

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 14 12:34:26 PDT 2017

Please excuse this posting to the whole list but we did not take attendance at the ESSA forum held at our fall conference at the AquaTurf.
I have been asked to forward this survey to the Forum Attendees.  If you know of anyone who attended the ESSA Forum, but is not on the CASL-L, please feel free to forward this email to them personally.

"Dear State Coordinators,

This year the American Association of School Librarians’ Emerging Leaders team is studying the impact of AASL’s Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) awareness and advocacy workshop. The workshop was offered to each state association affiliate and presented by AASL in collaboration with ALA’s Office for Library Advocacy (OLA) and the ALA Washington Office. Because you served as an ESSA workshop coordinator, we are requesting your assistance in this impact study.

We are asking for your help to collect data in two ways:

  1.
Share the impact survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ESSAimpact> developed by the AASL Emerging Leaders team with those in your state that attended the ESSA workshop. The survey will require approximately 10 minutes to complete. Please respond by March 17, 2017.
  2.
As an ESSA workshop coordinator, please respond to this email with your phone number and availability for a call the week of March 13, 2017 to March 20, 2017. Following the survey, an Emerging Leaders team member will contact you with follow-up interview questions. The phone call will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. If there is more than one workshop coordinator in your state, please just designate one person to be point of contact for this phone call.

Thank you for taking the time to assist us in AASL’s Emerging Leaders project. The information gathered will be analyzed to create a narrative summary and infographic for AASL to track and illustrate the impact of the ESSA workshops nationally for school library professionals. If you require additional information or have questions, please contact me at the email listed below.

Sincerely,

Shannon DeSantis
shdesant at gmail.com<mailto:shdesant at gmail.com>

The 2017 AASL Emerging Leaders: