[CASL-L] Fwd: 2017 Nutmeg Award Winners!

Kari Hamad khamad at lioninc.org
Mon May 15 03:45:29 PDT 2017

The Nutmeg Steering Committee is excited to announce the 2017 Nutmeg Book
Award Winners!

New this year, we have included an announcement video for each winner. One
of of our winning authors even got in on the fun!  We hope you'll be able
to use these in your schools and libraries to help make your announcements.

2017 Elementary Award Winner:
*Hilo: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth by Judd Winnick*
Video Announcement: https://youtu.be/0AZgx2LzCDw

2017 Intermediate Award Winner:
*Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson*
Video Announcement: https://youtu.be/jLVku49YQk8

2017 Teen Award Winner:
*The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare*
Video Announcement: https://youtu.be/sn8JV2OB96s

2017 High School Award Winner:
*I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson*
Video Announcement: https://youtu.be/hZpfQY4dwq0

Votes tallied and verified by Linda Williams, Nutmeg Historian, and Kari
Hamad, Nutmeg Steering Committee Chair.  Attached is a full voting
breakdown for each level.  We had over 27,000 kids vote this year - wow!

Congratulations to all of the winners and thanks to all of you for helping
to make the Nutmeg Book Award the success that it is.

Kari Hamad
Children's Librarian
Wallingford Public Library
203-284-6436 <(203)%20284-6436>