[CASL-L] Charting New Frontiers in Student-Centered Learning

Casey, Doug Doug.Casey at ct.gov
Thu Nov 16 11:11:25 PST 2017

Good afternoon, CASL members.

[image001.jpg at 01D35C78]<http://www.bit.ly/CT-SCL>I wanted to let you know of the report we just released, Charting New Frontiers in Student-Centered Learning:

www.bit.ly/CT-SCL<http://www.bit.ly/CT-SCL>

The document calls out the important role of libraries in advancing Connecticut's K - 12 system and offers five recommendations for advancing student-centered learning in Connecticut:

*         Develop a common vision of student mastery by the conclusion of high school

*         Use this new vision to drive an intentional framework for state and local policy, recognizing the need for different pathways to success for a diversity of learners

*         Encourage collaborative work that brings about more educational research and development in the state

*         Identify and amplify the work of cross-sector, student-centered pioneers that showcase the graduate of the future

*         Identify and analyze untapped resources in Connecticut, in regional and national networks, and online

The report is meant to capture and contribute to a conversation already taking place across Connecticut, as we learned from stakeholder interviews. We hope it engages a diversity of education stakeholders to envision and advance the learner-centered experiences that all students deserve. I invite you to share the publication with your networks, and I welcome your feedback.

Regards,

Doug

________________________________
Douglas Casey