[CASL-L] EBSCO researchIT CT Training Webinars

Hansen, Eric A Eric.A.Hansen at ct.gov
Wed Nov 22 05:33:59 PST 2017

Cross-posted; please excuse duplication.  Please forward as appropriate.

EBSCO is offering researchIT CT based training webinars in December and January.  Here are program descriptions:

researchIT CT OneSearch and the EBSCOhost interface provide simple tools that enable a relatively unsophisticated searcher to easily retrieve highly relevant search results.  In this session  we will explore options available to the more advanced searcher, including use of the Advanced Search Screen, field codes, and Boolean operators to construct more precise searches.  Additional advanced search functions such as proximity and wildcard operators will be discussed, along with the Thesaurus features in EBSCOhost.  We will also learn the benefit of the search history and how it can be used to combine search statements to create complex searches.

researchIT CT OneSearch for Academic Libraries
OneSearch is a unified index of information resources provided by researchIT CT.  This overview will focus on key features and functionality, focusing on use in the academic library.  We will explore basic and advanced searching and manipulating the results list to locate relevant full-text content.  Saving results and setting up search alerts via the My EBSCOhost folder will also be covered.

For dates and registration links, see:
http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/researchIT_CT/about-researchIT_CT/EBSCO-training

Information and registration links will appear later today in the State Library Continuing Education calendar here:
http://cslib.libcal.com/

A Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Eric
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D050D6.8BB2D200]