[CASL-L] Learning Management Systems - HS and MS

Casey, Doug Doug.Casey at ct.gov
Fri Oct 13 06:34:51 PDT 2017

Keep in mind that the products mentioned below do different things. Products such as PowerSchool (and the teacher interface, PowerTeacher gradebook) and Infinite Campus serve as a Student Information System, the "record of authority" in most districts regarding enrollment, grades, attendance, transcripts, discipline, student and family demographics, and state reporting.

A Learning Management System (Schoology, Google Classroom, etc.) serves as the platform where students review digital content, take self-paced formative assessments, collaborate on and complete assignments, etc. The reporting behind the LMS provides insights into student engagement as well as a window into their actual learning artifacts, versus just grades.

Doug