[CASL-L] Fwd: [CSL-Conntech] 2017 Connecticut Book Award Winners!

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 28 04:58:34 PDT 2017

In case you missed this:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lisa Comstock <lcomstock at CTHUMANITIES.ORG<mailto:lcomstock at cthumanities.org>>
Subject: [CSL-Conntech] 2017 Connecticut Book Award Winners!
Date: October 27, 2017 at 5:02:06 PM EDT
To: <CSL-CONNTECH at LIST.CT.GOV<mailto:CSL-CONNTECH at list.ct.gov>>

The Connecticut Book Awards were held on October 22, 2017 at the Mark Twain House & Museum. It was a gorgeous day and people came to share that day with us to learn who the winners would be. That is a testimony to book lovers and people who value their literature.
We were very fortunate in the presenters of each category, who all did a stunning job. They were sincere, funny, and gave a thumbnail sketch on each of the finalists’ books that made you want to run out and buy a copy.
We were doubly fortunate in our keynote speaker, New York Times bestselling author Beatriz Williams. Witty, entertaining, and totally ‘gets’ Connecticut Humanities, the Connecticut Center for the Book, and an author’s struggle to produce a quality piece of literature.
Best of all, people left happy, elated, and buoyed up by the thought that book awards have returned!
So, that said, the winners are:
Poetry
Fugitives by Danielle Pieratti
Lifetime Achievement for Literary Excellence to Gray Jacobik represented by The Banquet: New and Selected Poems
Young Readers
The Weight of Zero by Karen Fortunati
Nonfiction
Never Look an American in the Eye by Okey Ndibe
Fiction
Cajun Waltz by Robert H. Patton

Submissions for next year’s awards open on January 1, 2018.

_____________________
Lisa Comstock
Director, Connecticut Center for the Book
Manager, IT Services
Connecticut Humanities<http://www.cthumanities.org/>
Connecticut Center for the Book<http://ctcenterforthebook.org/>

NEW ADDRESS:

100 Riverview Center, Suite 270
Middletown, CT 06457

860 937 6582  direct

Leave the subject line blank and in the body of the message type: Signoff CSL-CONNTECH Click send.

--d