[CASL-L] Historical Fiction Book Recommendations Needed

Jen jlarkin24 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 05:59:14 PDT 2017

Hi everyone -

Last spring I posted this request, but since meeting further with my social
studies teachers, they've opened up the time period...

Two of our social studies teachers wants to try a new unit next year where
students are reading a novel with a historical time period tie-in.  I'm
looking for your recommendations for novels taking place in time periods in
earlier European history (Romans up through the French Revolution).

These are for high school juniors, and this is an advanced class - so need
high school YA or adult novels.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations!

Jen Larkin

EO Smith High School

Storrs, CT