[CASL-L] 3D Printing Lesson Planning Workshop for School Libraries

Christine Sarrazin csarrazin at ctlibrarians.org
Thu Sep 7 09:36:27 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

We know it’s the beginning of the school year. We know you might need some afternoon release time to make it to Simsbury by 3pm. But we REALLY hope you can make it to this CLC workshop – Thursday, 9/21 at the Simsbury Public Library. Whether you HAVE a 3D printer and you want your students to get more out of it, or you WANT a 3D printer and you need some solid justification for it, this workshop will help you. Our partners at USI will be providing walk-through lesson planning using 3D printing software – and then you’ll be able to immediately use what you’ve learned by designing your own object and printing it. $5 fee covers your materials. You do not need to be a CLC member – though of course, we do encourage that! We hope you’ll join us 9/21 in Simsbury.

BTW - I see a great-looking email below … but if it doesn’t come through that way to you, you can see it online here: http://conta.cc/2wLVzyX
Complete workshop details and registration: http://www.ctlibrarians.org/event/3Dschool

Christine Sarrazin
Coordinator, Communications & Marketing
Connecticut Library Consortium
234 Court St, Middletown, CT 06457
860.344.8777 | csarrazin at ctlibrarians.org<mailto:csarrazin at ctlibrarians.org>
ctlibrarians.org<http://www.ctlibrarians.org/> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/CTLibraryConsortium> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/CLCct>e

Learn 3D printing software and lesson planning in this hands-on workshop

[LC logo]<http://www.ctlibrarians.org/>

3D Printing Workshop for School Libraries
Lesson Planning & Hands-On Design
Thursday, September 21
3:00-4:30 PM
Simsbury Public Library
$5 materials fee
REGISTER<http://www.ctlibrarians.org/event/3Dschool>

[lementary school students and teacher using 3D printer]

[igh school students using 3D printer]

[tudents using 3D printing software in school]

Are you trying to establish 3D printing in your school library? Do you want to get more out of the 3D printing capabilities you already have in place? Are you ready for robust lesson planning using 3D printing, but you're not sure where to begin or how to move forward? This practical workshop is for you. Join your school library colleagues at the Simsbury Public Library for 90 minutes of hands-on training that will empower you to create your own lesson plans using 3D printing. Highlights:

  *   Discover free 3D printing tools and resources available to educators
  *   Walk through the creation of a real lesson plan using 3D printing software
  *   Design your own object using 3D printing software, and print it.

Includes a Q&A session for all of your 3D printing questions. This event is designed for school library staff, and is sponsored by USI. There is a $5 materials fee. Register today!

Details & Registration<http://www.ctlibrarians.org/event/3Dschool>
ctlibrarians.org/event/3Dschool

[SI logo]<http://www.ctlibrarians.org/usi>

CLC partners with USI to bring discounts to our members<http://www.ctlibrarians.org/usi> on MakerBot 3D printers and supplies, laminators and film, custom signage and displays, and more. Established in 1975 as a private family-owned company, USI has grown into an industry leader located right here in Connecticut.

[alendar icon]

Know some public librarians? We have a session at noon just for them!
 3D Printing Lunch & Learn for Public Libraries
LEARN MORE<http://www.ctlibrarians.org/event/3Dpublic>

[ike us on Facebook]<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001jPYbotNIIR_LfEJ5SB1szKYfEpLAgeiHM1HTdUPp7f3OtVtio2aDtS9S_9Zl6gUSR1M0RWYsZLO1AXidD33QQctTeQo6JHywkljCkXN8pS0ujsCjoKITvmjlZbqcYsuTI27GCJM83-KdUwUh42tbuIiC1K37MfwKmk8KOw_upcrbjEvkxPk1KwXlKCw_i0Ox7DrXJsY4dSA=&c=1E4L9ZJpHPtVr7QHLVl-DSX986hMhYqQA81YvASX4SZnHj6VnYhI3Q==&ch=-WkVgU1KE2sOnC6YIWS4hsCP-QOZZlUcrn4LLXWKxqTvC9FN3aPu3Q==>

[ollow us on Twitter]<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001jPYbotNIIR_LfEJ5SB1szKYfEpLAgeiHM1HTdUPp7f3OtVtio2aDtWreW8P1Kx1PppBqfggdrID4DJGEC4L-ttvHMyMIeLWtuwFIEHa8zxIz_vzhu82rL4a0FUoOW6aH0W_1dHGrJglUQPFuzQyViaMdWMjJK7rdAhfuVQMLysQ=&c=1E4L9ZJpHPtVr7QHLVl-DSX986hMhYqQA81YvASX4SZnHj6VnYhI3Q==&ch=-WkVgU1KE2sOnC6YIWS4hsCP-QOZZlUcrn4LLXWKxqTvC9FN3aPu3Q==>