[CASL-L] Fwd: New tool for creating your own Because statements

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:53:25 PDT 2018

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Lindsey @ Libraries Transform" <campaign at ala.org<mailto:campaign at ala.org>>
Subject: New tool for creating your own Because statements
Date: April 6, 2018 at 11:14:58 AM EDT
To: slstedman at hotmail.com<mailto:slstedman at hotmail.com>

Having trouble viewing this e-mail? View as a web page<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MDQ/index.html>

[Libraries Transform Newsletter]

[Facebook]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MDU/index.html>[LinkedIn]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MDY/index.html>[Twitter]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MDc/index.html>[AddThis]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MDg/index.html>

Write Your Own Because Statements

[Because your voice deserves to be heard]Creating your own Because statements just got easier than ever—editable templates are available now in the Libraries Transform toolkit<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MDk/index.html>! All you need is Adobe Reader (available for free download online) to create your own custom Because poster in any of our six signature colors.

Not sure how to get started? We’ve created a step-by-step guide<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MTA/index.html> for writing the perfect Because statement to suit your public awareness and advocacy goals.

________________________________

Video: See the Libraries Transform Campaign in Action

[Indiana Library Federation Video]

Confronted with a too-limited state budget for library internet connectivity, the Indiana Library Federation set out to change local legislators’ minds. With determination, creativity, and help from the Libraries Transform campaign messaging, they ended up securing an extra three million dollars for internet access in libraries and schools. Watch our new video<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MTE/index.html> to see how they did it.

Have a Libraries Transform success story of your own? We’d love to hear from you any time at campaign at ala.org<mailto:campaign at ala.org?subject=Libraries%20Transform%20Success%20Story>.

________________________________

Next Week: National Library Week!

[NLW 2018 Snapchat Filters]

National Library Week (April 8–14) is just a few days away! Catch up on all the action by following the #NationalLibraryWeek hashtag on social media, and check out our free tools and resources on the NLW webpage<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MTI/index.html>.

One of our latest tools is purrrfect for reaching that 18-24 demographic: National Library Week Snapchat Geofilters! You can download one of the two templates on the right (cat photo not included) from the NLW webpage<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MTI/index.html> and upload it to Snapchat to make it available for users in your area; a day-long Filter in a single building can cost as little as $5–10.

________________________________

Upcoming Webinar Highlighting Library Awareness

[From Awareness to   Funding Report Cover]

From Awareness to Funding<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MTM/index.html>—a recent report from OCLC, the American Library Association, and the Public Library Association—highlights many of the opportunities and challenges libraries face with respect to public perception. To learn more about the results and see how library advocates like you can act on these findings, join us for a webinar<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MTQ/index.html> on Tuesday, April 17.

Because Statement Writing Contest

How does your library transform? This National Library Week, we’re inviting libraries and library advocates to submit creative Because statements showcasing the value and impact of libraries. Everyone will have the chance to vote for their favorite statement later in the week, and the winner will win a Libraries Transform swag package from the ALA Store. Learn more and share your statement here<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MTU/index.html>!

More than 9,000 libraries and library advocates have joined the Libraries Transform campaign!

Because of you, Libraries Transform! Encourage your colleagues to sign up at librariestransform.org<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MTY/index.html>.   [Screenshot:   Map of Libraries Transform Libraries]

[http://ala.informz.net/ala/data/images/OLA/libraries-transform-eblasts/libraries-transform-eblast-divider2.jpg]

If you no longer wish to receive ALA Libraries Transform emails, please click here<http://ala.informz.net/ala/optout.asp?uid=1010203051&mi=7518734&fid=3856>.
American Library Association, 50 East Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611 www.ala.org<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MTc/index.html>.

[Informz]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03NTE4NzM0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTAyMDMwNTEmbGk9NTM1MjU3MTg/index.html>