[CASL-L] Borrow Musical Instrument Kits from the MLSC

Burchard, Grace Grace.Burchard at ct.gov
Wed Feb 28 06:25:06 PST 2018

Good morning all,
The Middletown Library Service Center can help your library rock-we have musical instrument kits you can borrow!  Each kit has a variety of rhythm and musical instruments to get 12 children moving and grooving.  We have rhythm sticks kits (24 sticks per kit), a percussion kit, preschool band kits, and toddler/preschool band kits.  These kits circulate for 45 days each.  See attached photo for some of the kits.
Want some new ideas for musical activities?  We also have professional development books about incorporating music into your storytime, such as "Shake and shout : 16 noisy, lively story programs" by Bob Reid, and "The I can't sing book for grownups who can't carry a tune in a paper bag...but want to do music with young children" by Jackie Silberg.  If you'd like a book or two, let us know and we'll send them along with the kit.  Email me off list:  Grace.Burchard at ct.gov<mailto:Grace.Burchard at ct.gov> to request.

[CT_State_Library_Logo-02Resized]

Grace Burchard | Library Technical Assistant | <Grace.Burchard at ct.gov<mailto:Grace.Burchard at ct.gov>> | Office: (860) 704-2212 | www.ctstatelibrary.org<http://www.ctstatelibrary.org> | Middletown Library Service Center | 786 South Main St. Middletown, CT 06457 | Toll Free in CT: 1-800-437-2313 | Fax: (860) 704-2228 | deliverIT CT: E-108