[CASL-L] Push alerts

David Bilmes dbilmes at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 22 07:19:07 PST 2018

After seeing this article in the NY Times recently, I thought it would be fun to try with students, instead of making a timeline. However, I'm not sure what technology tool would be easy for students to use to create push alerts. I have a class that is studying WW II, for example, and it would be great if I could find a way for them to use a photo of Pearl Harbor, and then have push alerts from December 1941 start popping up, like they do in the Times article.

|    |
50 Years Later, It Feels Familiar: How America Fractured in 1968
 It was a violent year. Liberals reeled, a war dragged on and protests raged. People got all their news from radi...  |   |

We're a Google school and have Chromebook carts, so I'm looking for a program that would work with them. I've tried doing this in Google slides with the animation features and the timing, but it's not ideal. I'll use that if I have to, but would love to find something better.
I'll be happy to post a hit if there's enough interest.
David BilmesOxford High Schoolbilmesd at oxfordpublicschools.org