[CASL-L] Signing students up for Governor's Summer Reading Challenge

Elaine Lettiere lettieree at prestonschools.org
Wed Jun 6 09:50:55 PDT 2018

We have stopped participating in the Governor's challenge.  Instead of
counting titles of books we are counting minutes read which we believe is a
better measure of summer reading.  That kid that spends the summer reading
Harry Potter looks like he/she hasn't read much at all while the kid who
reads 40 Junie B Jones in the same period of time looks like a rock star.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:39 PM, Laura Rosas <lrosas at marlborough.k12.ct.us>
wrote:

> Now that the summer reading logs are Web based, I collaborate with our
> public library and have students sign up for the Governor's Challenge
> during my library class time.  My school administrators would like to know
> how other schools handle the sign up process.  Do other schools assist
> students in signing up, or do you leave that to the public library?  Please
> email me directly, and I will share the percentages here.
>
> Thank you!
>
> lrosas at marlborough.k12.ct.us
>

> Laura Rosas
> Teacher Librarian
> Marlborough Elementary School
>

> *** This Email was sent by a staff member in Marlborough Public School
> District.

Elaine Lettiere
School Librarian
Preston Veterans Memorial School
&
Preston Plains Middle School
Preston, CT

--
*The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, business-confidential