[CASL-L] author visit

Jane Martellino janemartellino at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:04:42 PDT 2018

All,
If you are looking for a dynamic, energetic, excellent author, and huge
reading advocate for a school visit, consider Phil Bildner.
https://philbildner.com/

Most of you know him from this past year's Nutmeg Nominee: A Whole New
Ballgame.  That series is a Junior Library Guild Selection which is a BIG
DEAL.  In addition, his pictures books are wonderful and all our students
K-5 really enjoyed being read those books and examining primary sources and
learning more about the specific events he writes about.

Those of you who know me, know I talk fast...you should hear Phil!

Teacher comments:  "Best author visit ever."  "Can we bring him back to
lead writers workshops?"  "He made me want read more children's books so I
can chat with students about books the way he and you do."

Kids cheered when he showcased some of his favorite books especially
graphic novels.  It was really powerful to see and also a great send-off
for summer reading.

Phil also can help you with arranging other author visits, so check out his
site:
https://theauthorvillage.com/our-story/

Jane

--