[CASL-L] ISTE Standards

Casey, Doug Doug.Casey at ct.gov
Thu Jun 7 09:09:16 PDT 2018

This is a great question, Juliann.

I have a few ideas and encourage you to share yours through the #ISTEinCT tag/campaign.

I would start with an analysis of how your district technology plan addresses digital learning. If you do not have a plan, I would start with this:

www.FutureReady.org<http://www.FutureReady.org>

A total of 41 districts in Connecticut are "Future Ready" pledged. Districts can use a host of free, online planning tools that help leadership teams set goals and track progress across these realms:

  *   Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment<http://dashboard.futurereadyschools.org/framework/curriculum-instruction-and-assessment>
  *   Personalized Professional Learning<http://dashboard.futurereadyschools.org/framework/student-learning>
  *   Robust Infrastructure<http://dashboard.futurereadyschools.org/framework/technology-networks-and-hardware>
  *   Budget and Resources<http://dashboard.futurereadyschools.org/framework/budget-and-resources>
  *   Community Partnerships<http://dashboard.futurereadyschools.org/framework/community-partnerships>
  *   Data and Privacy<http://dashboard.futurereadyschools.org/framework/data-and-privacy>
  *   Use of Space and Time<http://dashboard.futurereadyschools.org/framework/use-of-space-and-time>
  *   Collaborative Leadership<http://dashboard.futurereadyschools.org/framework/empowered-innovative-leadership>

This needs to be a team effort, in close partnership with curriculum leads, school administrators, and central administration, not just another task for you.

For a deeper dive on ISTE, I would take a look at the attached Age Band Articulations and the research behind the Standards. Also, if you are an ISTE member, you can download for free their guide to the Standards, including sample lessons and units:

ISTE Standards for Students - Practical Guide for Learning with Technology<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.iste.org%2Fresources%2Fproduct%3FID%3D4073%26ChildProduct%3D4074&data=01%7C01%7Ckcorcoran%40ctdlc.org%7C3e3aad41bbc74080534008d5cbcdc0f8%7Cea2b7600013f473eb2cd35aa1f7be828%7C1&sdata=6ePnKhAB4dcB6mNGQs0BN1gCRWBtuUfLkCCDoTFxvM8%3D&reserved=0>

I hope this helps you get started, and I look forward to hearing what others are doing to support the Standards.

Best,

Doug