[CASL-L] U.S. History Themed Novels and Narrative Non-fiction Needed!

Jen jlarkin24 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 05:58:35 PDT 2018

Hello everyone -

My social studies department (high school) is looking to add an independent
read element to their U.S. History course.  Through some help from the
always incredible Linda Williams, I have a pretty good list of fiction.
BUT - one of the teachers wants to also include narrative non-fiction as he
thinks it will be more valuable.  So - anyone have suggestions?  Maybe
someone already has a list  developed because you do this in your school?

I would appreciate any and all suggestions you have - fiction AND
non-fiction - HIGH SCHOOL, 10th grade.  Thank you!

And yes, we are still in school!  Last day of exams is the 22nd!  If you
are already on break - enjoy!

Jen Larkin
School Librarian
EO Smith High School