[CASL-L] Biography/Memoir categories

Deborah Sharpe dsharpe at woodstockacademy.org
Mon Mar 5 10:37:54 PST 2018

Hello,

After genrefying my teen fiction section, I'm thinking of tackling my biography section in a similar fashion.  We have several classes that read biographies/memoirs and I would like to split them into categories to make it easier for the students to find one that they are interested in and/or fits their assignment.  I'm having a harder time coming up with categories than I did when I was genrefying the fiction section.  Have any of you have done this? If so,  what are your categories?  Any/all suggestions appreciated! Here is what I am thinking for categories: military, celebrities (singers/actors), historical & political figures, athletes, inspirational/overcoming adversity, scientists/explorers/inventors, medical, crime.  Would love your thoughts on this...

Thanks & have a great day!

[https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/N2.png]<http://www.woodstockacademy.org/>            Deborah Sharpe
Librarian, Bracken Memorial Library
The Woodstock Academy
57 Academy Road
Woodstock, CT 06281
(860) 928-6575 ext. 1201

[https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/w1.png]<http://www.woodstockacademy.org>  [https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/f5.png] <https://www.facebook.com/woodstockacademy/>   [https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/t2.png] <https://twitter.com/wdstck_academy>   [https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/i7.png] <https://www.instagram.com/wdstck_academy/>   [https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/v2.png] <https://vimeo.com/woodstockacademy>   [https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/1.png] <http://www.woodstockacademy.org/giving>

[https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/m.png]<http://wacenterforthearts.org>

This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL or PRIVILEGED material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.