[CASL-L] privacy and online safety for parents

Bernier, Maria Maria.Bernier at ct.gov
Tue Mar 27 08:40:01 PDT 2018

What is your district doing to teach privacy and online safety to parents? Is it something you'd like to share with a broader audience?

I'm looking for a school representative who can participate on a panel titled "Teaching Digital Literacy for All Ages" at the CEN conference<http://www.cvent.com/events/2018-member-conference/event-summary-55d2264994f643388393a15861e36cf2.aspx> in Hartford on May 18. The panelists will speak about security education for municipal residents through libraries, schools, and senior services to help protect residents against cyber threats. The problem is that most citizens, as information is flooded to them, need to become choosy consumers of data and understand the risks associated with e-mail-based phishing and other online scams.

The goal of this session will be to review example scenarios from three organizations that have begun to educate parents and local residents on best practices to stay safe and secure online.

If this sounds like you or your school, please get in touch! I'd love to talk with you.

Best,
Maria

[Macintosh HD:Users:jeff:Desktop:CT_State_Library_Email_Logo.jpg]

Maria Bernier | LSTA/E-rate Coordinator, Division of Library Development | Maria.Bernier at ct.gov<mailto:Maria.Bernier at ct.gov> | Office: (860) 704-2204
http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/home | 786 South Main St. Middletown CT 06457 | Fax: (860) 704-2228