[CASL-L] Please help Nutmeg author Tim Green and support ALS research

Lynch, Joyce lynchj at plainvilleschools.org
Wed Nov 14 06:23:59 PST 2018

I received this email from Tim Green's office. Please consider having your
school participate to raise money for ALS research and support an author
who has done so much to promote student literacy :

DeVaul, Susan A. <sdevaul at barclaydamon.com>
Tue, Nov 13, 8:37 PM (12 hours ago)
to me

[image: cid:image001.png at 01D47500.213C0B60]

Hi Joyce,

We are reaching out to some of Tim Green’s favorite schools to let you know
that Tim has been diagnosed with ALS. Thankfully, Tim is doing well and he
has a very slow progressing form of the disease.

We’d like to invite your school to join forces with Tim in his mission to
find a cure and *T**ACKLE* *ALS*!  Participatingschools will have a team on
Tim’s fundraising website, *TACKLEALS*.*COM* where you’ll compete against
other schools to raise funds for ALS research. *100%* of all donations made
will go to the ALS research center at Mass General Hospital which has one
of the leading ALS research teams in the world. The time to cure ALS is
*NOW*! There are dozens of advanced drugs waiting to go to trial. MGH has
the framework to open that pipeline of new drugs and needs just $10 million
to begin and $100 million to become self-sustaining. This pipeline of drugs
will be made available to everyone with ALS regardless of the patients’
stage of the disease.

If your school would like to participate, here’s what we will need to set
up your team:

·         Team Name (13 characters or less)

·         Team Photo (school mascot, some students, a slogan, etc.)

·         Team Bio (short bio about school/team; 400 characters or less)

·         Donations will be made directly on the TACKLE ALS website. By
clicking on your schools photo, donors will be able to enter credit card
information and as each donation is made your teams total is calculated
live.

·         Every school that raises $1,000.00 or more will receive a
complete set of Tim’s novels for the school library.

·         The school that raises the most money will win a copy of
*UNSTOPPABLE* for every student in the school!

·         If you’d prefer to send a check, please send to:

*Payable to:* Massachusetts General Hospital

*Memo:*  Tim Green, ALS research

*Mail to:* Tim Green, MGH Fundraiser

   PO Box 866

   Skaneateles, NY 13152

The *TACKLE* *ALS* website will go live on *November 18* in conjunction
with *60* *Minutes* airing a segment that evening telling my story, and
highlighting our fundraiser. When 60 Minutes asked Tim about what he missed
the most, he said “visiting schools and talking to kids about strengthening
education and character through reading!”

Please send your information as soon as possible to Susan DeVaul. Don’t
hesitate to contact us with any questions. Contact Information:
sdevaul at barclaydamon.com or 315-425-2769.

We hope you’ll join us!

Tim, Illyssa and Sue

*Please note:* Gifts made are 100% tax deductible and receive a tax
acknowledgement letter from MGH. The MGH non-profit tax ID is 04-1564655.

--
Joyce Lynch
Library Information Teacher