[CASL-L] Best elementary books for Veterans Day

Mary Ellen Minichiello meminichiello at milforded.org
Thu Oct 11 12:05:21 PDT 2018

Yes, I used to set up a white table in the main foyer of our school so that
the veterans, who came into the school, would see it.  I would also have
the book on display near it with all of the symbols explained on a
laminated card that they could take with them, if they wanted to do so.  I
read the book to all my classes before Veteran's Day so that students could
tell the story to family.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 6:44 AM, Nancy Shwartz <mrs.shorts at gmail.com> wrote:

> America's White Table is also a beauty.
>
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018, 6:29 PM Emily <ebov at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> We are looking ahead to our Veterans Day program and I am looking for
>> recommended books (elementary age) for visiting vets to share with
>> classrooms...thanks!
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Mary Ellen Minichiello
Adjunct Professor in Library Media