[CASL-L] Fwd: Article about Natl School Lib Standards in District Administration (advocacy opportunity)

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:12:22 PDT 2018

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jennifer Maurer <jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>>
Subject: [Cosslc] Article about Natl School Lib Standards in District Administration (advocacy opp)
Date: October 22, 2018 at 8:37:49 PM EDT
To: "cosslc at wyldnetwork.org<mailto:cosslc at wyldnetwork.org>" <cosslc at wyldnetwork.org<mailto:cosslc at wyldnetwork.org>>

I don’t think I saw this get much attention, so I wanted to share it in case you didn’t know about it. Feel free to forward, edit, etc. -- Jen

Hi,

“The September issue of District Administration magazine will feature a 2-page advertorial highlighting district-wide applications of AASL’s National School Library Standards for Learners, School Librarians, and School Libraries, including school librarian and school library evaluation rubrics and checklist elements of particular interest to administrators. More than 200,000 district administrators will receive this issue—principals, superintendents, curriculum and technology directors, and other district management.”

September has come and gone. If the article is news to you, here’s a good opportunity to talk to your school or district administrators (again) about the National School Library Standards. It could  be a segue for other conversations you might want to have about your library program.

Anyone has permission to download the article from here: https://standards.aasl.org/project/transform/.

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS