[CASL-L] Fwd: Announcing the last year of TRAILS (Tool for Real-time Assessment of Information Literacy Skills)

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:20:42 PDT 2018

-------- Original message --------
From: Barbara Schloman <barbara.schloman at gmail.com>
Date: 9/11/18 10:43 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Barbara <barbara.schloman at gmail.com>
Subject: Announcing the last year of TRAILS (Tool for Real-time Assessment of Information Literacy Skills)

Please share this message with your AASL affiliate members. Thank you.
Please excuse cross-posting. Please forward to your colleagues who may be interested.
Dear TRAILS friends and users,

We are sad to share that the 2018-2019 school year will be the last that TRAILS (Tool for Real-time Assessment of Information Literacy Skills) will be available on its current platform as an interactive assessment tool. Budget and staffing pressures have led us to this decision.

What’s Ahead?

•      TRAILS will continue to be available for use on its current platform through June 30, 2019.

•      TRAILS data will be available for users to review or download for one year following the close of the interactive tool (through June 30, 2020).

•      Our goal is to make the TRAILS assessment items available to K-12 librarians and teachers as an open resource to use after our interactive site closes.

•      Later this school year, we will share a plan that details how TRAILS will transition into its next incarnation.

Your Feedback
To help us plan for making TRAILS content available for you in an open manner, we ask that you complete the short, attached survey:

https://tinyurl.com/TRAILStransition

Our Appreciation
We are extremely proud of the impact and reach of TRAILS. Over its lifetime, TRAILS has registered nearly 30,000 users, been delivered to over 2.3 million students, and has been used in over 100 countries.

We are grateful to the Institute of Museum and Library Services, the U.S. Department of Education, the Martha Holden Jennings Foundation, and the State Library of Ohio for their support. We also are indebted to thousands of supporters and champions. They are many, but I name just a few here: INFOhio, the Ohio Educational Media Library Association, and the American Association of School Librarians.

Most importantly, we thank our committed and active user-base!

Ken

Kenneth J. Burhanna
Interim Dean, Kent State University Libraries
Professor, University Libraries
Project Director, TRAILS (www.TRAILS-9.org<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.TRAILS-9.org&data=01%7C01%7Ckburhann%40kent.edu%7C762ddff2e33a498b469e08d482aa4258%7Ce5a06f4a1ec44d018f73e7dd15f26134%7C1&sdata=75Fpz13bYnl7BqiywIUn2XNAWK9gfUUcB%2FDNChlVMEE%3D&reserved=0>)
Kent State University
330-672-2962
kburhann at kent.edu<mailto:kburhann at kent.edu>