[CASL-L] Film on Immigration

Deloatch, Karen L KDeloatch at ccc.commnet.edu
Wed Apr 17 15:03:06 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We have a faculty member who is looking for a film set in the 1930's, which was released in the 1970's. The film is about an immigrant family from Poland or Russia, who immigrate to Chicago. The father works in the meat packing industry in Chicago. He is injured and winds up bedridden. The 12 year old son has to drop out of school to help support the faculty. The teacher doesn't know the name of the film nor actors nor the exact release date. When I put in some of the key words into Google, the book the Jungle by Upton Sinclair comes up. This book was published in 1904 and I don't see a movie version. Thanks.

Karen

Karen DeLoatch
Head of Library Instruction/LTA Program Coordinator
Capital Community College
950 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103
Phone: (860) 906-5022