[CASL-L] Applications are OPEN!

president at ctcasl.org president at ctcasl.org
Fri Dec 6 06:54:15 PST 2019

An exciting meeting for the CASL/CECA Boards last night as we plan for the
new year!

2020 CASL Awards Applications are now open! There are 10 awards available, a
little something for everyone. We hope you apply! Save the date for Spring
Fling 2020, May 7 at the Manor Inn in Milldale, CT. Winners will be
celebrated Red Carpet style! Please visit the website for details and links
https://casl.wildapricot.org/Awards

Also, applications are now open for CECA's 2020 Tech Expo. This unique event
provides teachers and students an opportunity to showcase standards-based
technology projects created by students. Up to thirty schools will be
selected to display their projects and discuss their work with Connecticut
legislators at the annual Exhibition at the Legislative Office Building on
April 22. More info can be found HERE
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IezMJsP71eg0Q3PzGTzFQK0eJ4h0FOIz8-pqddI
e_ts/edit?usp=sharing>  and applications can be completed HERE
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdpfDmgh7yJPDnyA6mldy6dcE_rP8KRea5
ZEryk1wsh-BmAMw/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Next month information will be available for CECA Award applications, Google
CS First workshops, and NerdCampCT (June 13,2020) please keep an eye out!

Both Boards are working hard to streamline operations for the organizations,
provide MORE opportunities for PD that are lower cost and less time
commitment than a full day conference, and building exciting collaborative
opportunities for our membership.

Please don't hesitate to email me any questions or ideas you might have. If
you would be willing to HOST a PD event at your school, we are actively
seeking locations!

Barbara