[CASL-L] Book title

Ava Biffer avabiffer at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 15:18:25 PST 2019

 Hi Elaine,
Could it be My Name is Sangoel by Karen Williams?
It's an older book (at least ten years?)

I hope this helps!
Best,Ava

    On Sunday, December 8, 2019, 6:01:19 PM EST, Elaine Shapiro <elaine.shapiro7 at gmail.com> wrote:

Crazy question.  I know I have read a picture book featuring a new boy from a different culture starting school in the US.  No one can pronounce his name correctly until he breaks his name into 2 syllables and draws pictures for each one (like "sun").  The other kids love this and soon they are communicating much better.  Has anyone read this book? Do you know the title?Many Thanks!!Elaine Shapiro, Broad Brook School