[CASL-L] FW: CLA's Legislative Agenda

president at ctcasl.org president at ctcasl.org
Mon Feb 11 11:44:46 PST 2019

All,

I am excited have CASL be part of CLA's advocacy efforts.

Attached is CLA's 2019 Legislative Agenda. Links below can guide you to find
out who your local representatives are and how to contact them.

I encourage you all to know who they are and reach out to them to "educate"
them as to the integral part libraries play in equity, access, and inclusion
for our patrons.

Barb

Dear CASL colleagues,

Attached is CLA's legislative agenda for 2019, including both financial and
legislative initiatives. Please share with your contacts. Below is the
message that was sent out on the Conntech listserv from our Past President
Glenn Grube.

"Attached, please find CLA's legislative priorities for 2019.  Please share
this with other library advocates, both within the library profession and
"civilians" who support the cause.  Reaching out to your state senators and
representatives to encourage them to support these budgetary and legislative
initiatives is especially important if you have freshman legislators.  CLA's
advocacy page (https://cqrcengage.com/alact/?0) will be updated through the
legislative session and, if you haven't already, please register your email
with us (https://cqrcengage.com/alact/app/register?9
<https://cqrcengage.com/alact/app/register?9&m=54210> &m=54210) so you can
receive legislative alerts tailored to specific issues related to libraries
and library funding.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me or anyone on the CLA Board with
questions about how you can help."

Thank you for all of your support!

Jen Datum, on behalf of CLA

Connecticut Library Association