[CASL-L] Fwd: time sensitive request from Helen Adams

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Thu Jul 18 15:09:17 PDT 2019

All, Helen Adams is a former professor of mine and needs our help! Please
read below and consider participating in the survey:

Hello Connecticut school librarians,

I'm a former Wisconsin school librarian and was asked to revise my 2014
essay on filtering in school libraries for the upcoming 10th edition of the
ALA *Intellectual Freedom Manual*.  In my filtering essay, I referenced
heavily data gathered from answers to the filtering questions in the AASL
2012 School Libraries Count survey. Because AASL is no longer doing these
annual surveys, I am contacting school librarians across the country to
learn the current status of filtering in their schools and how it affects
students’ and teachers’ information and instructional needs.

Please complete the filtering survey found here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AYcJvkw_7MnzW8IB-awa1EsCAykjIyxw6DmJI6tlUxA/edit?usp=sharing

*The deadline for completing the survey is Wednesday, July 31.*

Thank you for helping me collect a snapshot of current filtering practices
in school libraries.

Helen Adams

ALA Intellectual Freedom Committee

--
Helen R. Adams
Online Senior Lecturer
hadams at antioch.edu
Home Office: 920-667-4484
Home Address: E9250 Guhl Road, Fremont, WI 54940

ALA Intellectual Freedom Committee
ALA American Library Advisory Committee
IFC Privacy Subcommittee
2018 Wisconsin Library Hall of Fame Inductee

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in