[CASL-L] FW: You don't want to miss the Scholastic Reading Summit! Seats are filling up!

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Fri Jun 7 07:48:48 PDT 2019

All: There are only 60 seats left for Scholastic’s Reading Summit! Don’t
end your year without securing your spot in Greenwich, July 18!

I am excited to share the great news about our Scholastic Reading Summit
<http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/reading-summit> Conference this summer
in Greenwich, Ct! Our day-long program will provide professional
development workshops designed to deliver strategies and tactics needed to
develop a thriving independent reading culture in your school community.
Network with educational leaders and colleagues from across the country on
innovative approaches to promote student independent reading and literacy
equity in all schools.

Please see the sessions listed below.

The Greenwich, Ct Reading Summit
<http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/reading-summit> is on July 18,2019 at
the Hyatt Regency Greenwich Hotel. We have limited seating so make your
plans to attend and register now.

*Booktalks & Bagels – John Schu*

*AM Sessions*

·        Ambassador Schu’s Review of Books for You and Your Readers,
Too! – *John
Schu*

·        Creating an Independent Reading Canon for Black Boys – *Dr Kim
Parker*

·        Project LIT Community: Empowering Readers & Leaders – *Jarred
Amato*

·        Developing Identity & Empathy through Independent Reading – *Chad
Everett*

·        Revitalizing Your Library – *Rhonda Jenkins*

·        Everybody Reading Every Day: Creating a School-Wide Culture of
Literacy – *Liz Garden*

*PM Sessions *

Revving Up Read-Alouds – *Donalyn Miller*

Critical Literacy in Today’s World – *Jess Lifshitz*

Building Literacy Through Collaboration – *Tamiko Brown*

Developing Identity & Empathy through Independent Reading – *Chad Everett*

Technology & Literacy: A Love Story – *Rhonda Jenkins*

Who Gets to Be the Hero? Imagining a More Just Future Through Diverse
Children’s Fantasy – *Sayantani Das Gupta*

*Maureen O’Hara*

Regional Book Fair Field Manager

*Scholastic Book Fairs* – Northeast Region

Phone: (516) 318-9264

mohara at scholasticbookfairs.com <mohara at scholasticbookfairs.com>

www.scholastic.com/bookfairs

[image: Summit 2019]

*Join us at the 2019  Reading Summit *

*July 18, 2019*

*Hyatt Regency Greenwich *

*1800 East Putnam Avenue*

*Greenwich, Ct 06870*

For more information, visit

www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/reading-summit

Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in
person.