[CASL-L] Copyright and Youtube Read-alouds

Finnegan, Kristen kfinnegan at lauraltonhall.org
Wed Jun 19 09:21:52 PDT 2019

School Library Journal addressed this issue in April 2019. Hope this article helps.

https://www.slj.com/?detailStory=tackling-copyright-concerns-when-taking-storytime-online

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 12:08 PM -0400, "Allison Loiseau" <librarianallie at gmail.com<mailto:librarianallie at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi everyone,
Is it a violation of copyright law to share Youtube videos of read-alouds?  We are considering sharing video links of some anchor texts with teachers and students.  I want to respect the intellectual property and creative efforts of the authors and illustrators.  I am concerned that sharing their work is unlawful at worst and disrespectful at best. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Allison Loiseau