[CASL-L] Copyright and Youtube Read-alouds

STEPHANIE PATTERSON spatterson at southingtonschools.org
Fri Jun 21 12:28:53 PDT 2019

I think the takeaway is it is not on anyone’s radar for now. But it may change over time.

I practiced law before I became a teacher 20 yrs ago, and it seems our culture is far more litigious but given the internet there’s much law and policy to be established to catch up to the present.

If you could place your read aloud on the school website or behind the public portal onto a family portal, that  your families already use, that might make everyone more comfortable.

Have you run this by the district tech leadership folks? If you have their blessing you aren’t in the awkward position of defending yourself or backpedaling if a member of the community or BOE becomes alarmed. A good question to send up the decision making chainof command.

Sent from my iPhone