[CASL-L] Fwd: membership drive and webinar

CASL President president at ctcasl.org
Thu Mar 7 17:18:31 PST 2019

Dear members and friends of NESLA,

This month NESLA has two important initiatives. Members of the NESLA Board,
would you please pass on this information to your state association
members.

*March Madness Membership Drive. *
This year we are able to offer annual membership at $20 for school
librarians, teachers, administrators, technologists, MLIS graduate students
and their professors, publisher, non-profits, and other resource
providers.  If your state association members, institution or company are
already members of any library, education, or technology association, state
or national, the annual membership fee is $15. Please see the invitation I
am extending to you all, with details about the initiatives we are
launching for the benefit and health of the school library profession. You
can join Nesla at the its website:

nesla.us

*Kano Computing and the New England School Library Association Webinar. *

Kano Computing <https://kano.me/educators>and the New England School
Library Association is excited to invite you to a webinar titled *Kano in
the School Library: Developing Digital Literacy* which takes place on
*Wednesday
20thMarch at 4:00 – 5:00pm.*

You can access the webinar through Google Hangouts or by dialing in
with (US)+1 314-474-2619 , PIN:582 758 324#

This event is linked to NESLA's commitment to work for digital equity and
equitable access for all learners in New England. Kano Computing offers a
kit for students to use to build their own computers. Please see the
attached document for more information. We hope you can join us for
this opportunity
to learn about the wonderful work that Kano is doing to achieve a goal
that aligns
with our professional library values - equitable access to school
libraries, information, and technology for all learners. students.

We hope you are able to join the webinar on March 20th and that you will
join NESLA as well!!

Best wishes,

Carol Gordon, President

New England School Library Association