[CASL-L] public library cards for ResearchIT CT

Juliann T. Moskowitz juliann14 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 11 09:57:24 PDT 2019

As an independent school we have students from many towns in the area and even international students. In order to access the ResearchIT CT databases students need the barcode from the back of a public library card if they are off campus. Many of my students don’t have library cards and although I tell them to get one, I’m not sure how many actually listen to me.

When I worked in a public school we would invite the public librarians to school to sign students up for cards. I can’t really do that here as it would be impractical since there are so many towns. Do any of you have this issue? If so, how did you address it? Or could someone from the State Library weigh in, please?

Juliann T. Moskowitz
Director of Library Media
St. Joseph High School
Trumbull, CT 06611
juliann14 at hotmail.com

“Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future.”—Ray Bradbury