[CASL-L] A compiled list of suggested title on homelessness

Toby Zabinski toby_zabinski at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 24 16:57:50 PDT 2019

Hi Everyone -

Many thanks for the terrific suggestions in response to my request for books on homelessness! I very much appreciate all the information - hope others will be able to use these titles too!
Thank you - - - Toby
Here is the compiled list:

Homelessness

A Street Cat Named Bob: and how hesaved my life by James Bowen

Breaking Night: A Memoir ofForgiveness, Survival, and My Journey From Homeless to Harvard by Liz Murray

The Girl's Guide to Homelessness: AMemoir by Briana Karp

Girlbomb: A Halfway Homeless Memoirby Janice Erlbaum

Free Spirit: Growing Up On the Roadand Off the Grid by Joshua Safran

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

Pursuit of Happyness by ChrisGardner

Nickel and Dimed by BarbaraEhrenreich

Maid by Stephanie Land