[CASL-L] Invitation to 4-8th graders to Code for Social Good with Random Hacks of Kindness Junior.

Patrice Gans reesegans at gmail.com
Wed May 1 19:04:50 PDT 2019

I am with the with the nonprofit - Random Hacks of Kindness Junior (
https://rhokjr.org)  Our mission is to empower students to use technology
for social good. We are holding a "hackathon" for 4th-8th graders at Sacred
Heart in Greenwich on Saturday, May 11 from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM.

The goal of the special, one-day “hackathon” is to introduce students to
technology and to show them how it can be used to create solutions that
benefit non-profit organizations. Throughout the day-long hackathon,
volunteer computer science mentors (high school students, college students
and computer professionals) will work with the students to devise prototype
smartphone apps to  address a range of problems facing local non-profits.
Using MIT App Inventor, students will learn the basics of app design, as
well as the ideation and brainstorming process required to build a
successful prototype mobile application. This event is open to the public
and requires no prior coding experience.

Pre-registration is required. The registration fee for the event is $18,
which includes lunch, snacks and a t-shirt.  Participants may register by
going to RHoKJr’s website at https://rhokjr.org.  For additional
information contact Patrice Gans at reesegans at gmail.com

I would love for you to share our flyer (and mission) with your students.
Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Thanks,

Patrice

*Patrice Gans, Founder, Executive Director*
*Random Hacks of Kindness Junior Inc.*
*@RHoKJr*
*www.rhokjr.org <http://www.rhokjr.org>*