[CASL-L] CT Author visits - recommendation

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Fri May 17 10:03:41 PDT 2019

This was posted on the Goodnight moon list - re Author Susan Ross...FYI
This past Saturday our library had the pleasure of hosting author Susan L. Ross as she discussed her new middle grade novel, Searching for Lottie.  Full disclosure – Susan also is on our Board of Trustees.  I am writing to recommend both Susan and her novels (previous title is Kiki and Jacques which was on the Bank Street Best Children’s Books of 2016 ).  Susan has the ability to take small aspects of her own family history as a jumping off point to create an entire novel.  Hearing her speak of her family’s history with the Holocaust was not only moving, it helped me to understand families of today, and how some families don’t speak of the past because it is simply too painful.  I have seen Susan both in our library and in our schools working with groups of children, explaining not only her work but also conducting writing workshops with kids.  She has a gift.  I hope some of you take advantage of this gift and have her to your own library or school.  She can be reached at AuthorSusanRoss at gmail.com<mailto:AuthorSusanRoss at gmail.com>.  More information is available at http://www.authorsusanross.com<http://www.authorsusanross.com/>

Mary Parmelee
Director of Youth Services
The Westport Library
www.westportlibrary.org<http://www.westportlibrary.org>