[CASL-L] nErDcampLI Notes from all sessions and nErDcampCT :)

Melissa Thom melissa_thom at whps.org
Sun Nov 3 11:45:45 PST 2019

Hello everyone:)

I (along with a couple of fellow CASL peeps) was able to get to nErDcampLI
<http://nerdcampli.weebly.com/> yesterday and it was a great day!!  Here is
the matrix of all the sessions and the accompanying notes
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EDwk2Vl8bK-_GoEdsDFYutFtx6B4MInbCd9ptt4Nlnk/edit?usp=sharing>:)
All of the docs are open for edits so if you have resources to add, feel
free to do so.  *Please don't delete anything!*

I was invited to moderate one of the sessions with some amazing authors on
the topic of "Reading books that deal with tough topics in middle school.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SQ7XnokwG-XVfxMNJW76kHd23yi6R1Kz5xyXCud_dwM/edit?usp=sharing>"
It was a great experience and we covered tough topics in general so it may
be of interest to everyone.

Save the date for nErDcampCT <http://twitter.com/nerdcampct> coming to
Connecticut June 13th.  We are working on a location now and hope to lock
something in by the end the month.  Let me know if you are interested in
being involved with the planning of the event or have suggestions for
location.  *We are looking at New Haven and Hartford/West Hartford schools
as a location for various reasons.  *

Melissa
Melissa Thom
@MsThomBookitis
Bristow Middle School Teacher Librarian
West Hartford Public Schools
Bristow Library Learning Commons Webpage: h
<http://blog.whps.org/bristowlibrarylearningcommons>ttp://
bit.ly/BristowLibrary
*Follow us on Twitter: @bristowllc*
*Follow me on Goodreads
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10867206-melissa-thom> *

[image: 6648600223023104.png]
*Currently Reading:     *
*White Bird by Wendelin Van Draanen*

*Currently Listening:*
*To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han*
*Recently Finished:      *
*Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain by Zaretta Hammond*
*Rated by Melissa Grey*
*Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli*
*They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera*
*I'm Not Dying with You Tonight by Kimberly Jones and Gilly Segal*

*Hope To Read Soon:*
*Ten Thousand Doors in January by Alix Harrow*
*We Used to Be Friends by Amy Spaulding*
*Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko*

Check out my blog all about books and reading!
http://www.msthomsbookitis.weebly.com
Follow me on Twitter @msthombookitis  <http://twitter.com/msthombookitis>*
<http://twitter.com/msthombookitis>           *

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This West Hartford Public Schools e-mail may contain