[CASL-L] New England Maker Summit

Melissa Thom melissa_thom at whps.org
Thu Nov 7 11:01:53 PST 2019

Hello!

For those who are unable to attend AASL, please consider attending the New
England Maker Summit on November 15th.  I have been a part of this event in
the past and it's a dynamic and interesting event!

On behalf of Devra Sisitsky from MakerspaceCT---

 It is time again for our 3rd Annual New England Maker Summit on November 15
th. For the first time it will be held here in our space at 960 Main Street!

Our theme this year is: *The Impact of Innovation and Making on Urban
Areas.*

We are having some exciting keynotes in the morning… Lee Wellington-
Director of the United Manufacturing Alliance and Ilana Preuss, CEO of
ReCast City.

David Lehman the Commissioner of the DECD and Colin Cooper, The newly
appointed CT Chief of Manufacturing will also be speaking.

In the afternoon, I plan on doing a bit of cheerleading for Hartford. Jamie
Bratt will be moderating a panel discussion with several of our partners,
(e.g. Marty Guay-SBD, Paul Tyler-Nassau-Re, Jeff Aucker -Infosys,  Jackie
Mandyk- iQuilt) and other stakeholders that have recently invested in
Hartford. We are posing the question of how Hartford exceeded their
expectations and where do we go from here?

This is the first year our event will be held here in our space at 960 Main
Street space with lunch at the Gershon Ballroom and a cocktail hour from 4
to 6 PM. We typically draw about 300 people to the Summit.

I have attached an agenda. I hope that you can join us for the event.

Thanks-

Devra Lee Sisitsky

*Executive Director*

960 Main Street

Hartford, Ct 06103

860 619-6257

devra at makerspaceCT.com

www.makerspaceCT.com <http://www.makerspacect.com/>

[image: 1519336912513_MAKERSPACECT]
Melissa Thom
@MsThomBookitis
Bristow Middle School Teacher Librarian
West Hartford Public Schools
Bristow Library Learning Commons Webpage: h
<http://blog.whps.org/bristowlibrarylearningcommons>ttp://
bit.ly/BristowLibrary
*Follow us on Twitter: @bristowllc*
*Follow me on Goodreads
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10867206-melissa-thom> *

[image: 6648600223023104.png]
*Currently Reading:     *
*White Bird by Wendelin Van Draanen*

*Currently Listening:*
*To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han*
*Recently Finished:      *
*Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain by Zaretta Hammond*
*Rated by Melissa Grey*
*Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli*
*They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera*
*I'm Not Dying with You Tonight by Kimberly Jones and Gilly Segal*

*Hope To Read Soon:*
*Ten Thousand Doors in January by Alix Harrow*
*We Used to Be Friends by Amy Spaulding*
*Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko*

Check out my blog all about books and reading!
http://www.msthomsbookitis.weebly.com
Follow me on Twitter @msthombookitis  <http://twitter.com/msthombookitis>*
<http://twitter.com/msthombookitis>           *

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This West Hartford Public Schools e-mail may contain