[CASL-L] K-2 STEM resources

Hurley, Gail Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
Fri Oct 4 13:20:16 PDT 2019

Hi Kirsten and all,

The Middletown Library Service Center has STEM Kits to borrow, and we are having a special program here called Tech Petting Zoo & Instruction workshop where you will be able to see and try out our STEM kits.  The description is below:

Tech Petting Zoo & Instruction Workshop
Friday, November 22, Middletown Library Service Center, 9:30 - 12

Are you interested in incorporating more technology into your library programs? Are you equally fascinating and confused by robots and VR? Are you concerned that you don’t have the budget to purchase the high tech items on the market? If so, join us for our Tech Petting Zoo and Instructional Workshop. Attendees will rotate through 8 different technology stations and receive information on how those items can be incorporated into library program. Each station will have an instructor to help guide you, answer questions, and help you to feel more comfortable with these technical items.

You may also be interested in our upcoming January workshop as well:

Library Coding from Scratch
Thursday, January 23, 2020 (snow date January 30), Middletown Library Service Center, 9-12

Are you intrigued by the thought of starting a library coding club for kids or teens but have absolutely no idea about coding?  Do you feel STEM programs would enhance your Library's offerings, but feel out of your depth and have often said, "I'm not a computer person?"  Participants will identify a few online resources suitable for youth coding, then work through basic Scratch projects to build confidence as a Coding Club leader.  Discuss potential topics for your coding club and ways to work around your amateur coding status.  This hands-on class - specifically and only for true beginners - will help you develop a marketable skill and attract new patrons to your library.

To register for any of these sessions, visit:
https://cslib.libcal.com/
Navigate to the date of the session, click on the name of the workshop, and click "Begin Registration," and fill out the form.

Hope this helps,
Gail

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0519B.D2024810]

Gail Hurley | Library Development Consultant, Division of Library Development | Gail.Hurley at ct.gov<mailto:Gail.Hurley at ct.gov> | Office: (860) 704-2222