[CASL-L] Authors for a PK-8 school

Jane Martellino janemartellino at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 08:51:52 PDT 2019

I can also confirm that David B. is outstanding.  We just had Troy Cummings
whose picture book is a current Charter Oak Book Award Nominee and all K-5
LOVED him.  Such a great person and so accommodating.  Even the office
staff picked up on the buzz from kids and staff.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:38 AM Laura Hedenberg <hedenberg at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> I recommend Dana Rau. We are a K-6 school and she covered all of the
> grades.
> Laura
>
> On Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 10:01:21 AM EDT, Jen <jlarkin24 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> Good morning!
>
> My son's school - specifically the PTO - is looking to bring in an
> author.  The predicament is that it's a small, PK-8 school.  It would be
> great to find them an author who covers many of the grades, and maybe can
> run a small writer's workshop with the older students?  Any
> recommendations?  I'm a high school librarian - so this is out of my
> wheelhouse!
>
> Thanks for any help/recommendations!
>
> Jen Larkin
> School Librarian