[CASL-L] November Literacy Events, Assemblies, Day or Evening 1/2 Price

Carol Glynn tellabrationglynn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 07:42:53 PDT 2019

[image: image.png]

*Storytelling is more than sitting and listening!   Sing the curriculum!
Act out history!  Learn Empathy!  With a variety of professional
presentations, available to you for half price this November! *

*“I want to thank you for sending us Jackson! He was fabulous! The students
and adults alike were raving about the event.” – Terry Cholewa, Griswold
Public Schools*

Entertain, Educate and Enthrall your Group!

 Endless Possibilities at a Reduced Price!

We are Celebrators, planning our annual November Celebration called
Tellabration!

So, what does THAT mean?

*We are professional storytellers who are also**: * authors, actors,
musicians, performers, artists,  teachers, professional development
presenters, grant writers,  librarians, and lovers of the arts. We are well
trained in our craft!   We are spreading out all over Connecticut this
November, at a reduced price to Tellabrate!

So, what does THAT mean?

We are sending “Tellabrators” to schools, libraries, community centers,
theaters, homes, museums, offices, gyms.etc.

We come to you and your group, no matter your age, or setting to
“Tellabrate” during the month of November because of our love of
storytelling.  We donate our services to the CT Storytelling Center for
this event, so the CSC can offer these events to your group for half
price?  The money raised by our donation and your significantly reduced
priced event supports our literacy projects and events in schools, to
encourage new readers, tellers, students of all ages.

A Tellabration Event could be any of the following or more:

An in -school assembly.

An evening school Literacy Night Event

A musician singing group songs with audience members

 involving extensive family participation.

Professional Development for Educators

 to use Storytelling Tools for enhanced listening skills.

Professional Development for K-12 Educators

 to use Presentation Strategies with students to increase confidence and
success.

A historian enthusiastically sharing stories that celebrate

Veterans, Connecticut or local history.

A public speaking workshop focusing on general skills and confidence for
any age.

A public speaking workshop focused on giving the best toasts!

A Presentation on how to use story skills to persuade others to:  Buy your
product * Do their homework* Get a dog

A home musical or storytelling concert to family and friends.

A highly interactive storytelling event where audience members of all ages,
sing, dance and act on stage.

Your audience’s art turned into stories by our tellers.

Your audience’s art turned into stories by your artists.

*We are the CT Storytelling Center.  We understand that people use stories
every day to communicate, connect, persuade, entertain and learn.*

*We celebrate every November with our month-long event called Tellabration!*

*We would love to Tellabrate with you!   *

* Want to hear more? Let’s get started!*

We look forward to the possibility of your involvement in Tellabration this
year. *Tellabration* is one of our favorite times of year and we are
anxious to get started lining up the perfect Tellabrators for sites all
over Connecticut   My name is Carol Glynn. I’m a professional performer
myself, and I’m helping Ann Shapiro, Executive Director with initial
contacts and organization to get the ball rolling. Ann will be kept
informed about all discussions and will be taking over in September.

My email is Tellabrationglynn at gmail.com, and my phone number is
860-334-3470.  I look forward to chatting and planning with you!

Our standard financial arrangement is that each site pays a fee of $400 to
The Connecticut Storytelling Center for our services and two performers.

For a fee of $250, we will provide one teller.

We appreciate your potential interest in hearing more about Tellabration.
  We look forward to speaking with you further.

Thanks again,

The Connecticut Storytelling Center