[CASL-L] Amazing FREE event: Saugatuck StoryFest

Melissa Thom melissa_thom at whps.org
Tue Sep 17 15:49:14 PDT 2019

>From Rebecca Marsick and Kim Herzog:

Good afternoon,

We are Kim Herzog and Rebecca Marsick, English teacher and Literacy Coach
at Staples High School in Westport, and two of the organizers of the
Saugatuck StoryFest, a literary festival on the banks of the Saugatuck River
in downtown Westport. We are writing with the hope that you will share the
information written below with your members as the festival is *FREE *to
the public, features a number of incredible authors, and has an Educator
Track this year.

Please join us September 26-28 for the second annual Saugatuck StoryFest, a
literary festival on the banks of the Saugatuck River in downtown Westport,
CT. We are so excited to announce that *R.L. Stine *will be our keynote
speaker at 1 pm on Saturday, September 28.

In addition to a variety of panels encompassing authors from many different
genres, this year 2019 Saugatuck StoryFest will feature an Educator Track
<https://www.ssfteenboard.com/copy-of-saturday-author-panels>  and is FREE
to the public.

We will also be featuring the following YA and middle grade authors on
panels:

Sona Charaipotra
Jerry Craft
Susan Hood
Tiffany Jackson
L.L. McKinney
Geoff Rodkey
Nic Stone
Ibi Zoboi

and Jared Amato, founder of Project Lit.

In addition, we have a multitude of children's book authors, horror
writers, nonfiction authors, graphic novelists, and many more.

There are events on both Thursday (9/26) and Friday (9/27) nights and the
entire day of September 28. For the full schedule and list of all of our
authors, please visit our website: https://www.ssfteenboard.com/

If you have any questions, please email saugatuckstoryfest at gmail.com and
please share this information with families, students, and friends!

Thank you!
Kim and Rebecca
--
Rebecca Marsick
Secondary Literacy Coach

Currently Reading: *A Blade So Black *by L.L. McKinney
Just Finished Reading:* Daisy Jones & The Six *by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Up Next TBR:* How to Be an Anti-Racist *by Ibram X. Kendi

Melissa Thom
Bristow Middle School Teacher Librarian
West Hartford Public Schools
Bristow Library Learning Commons Webpage:
blog.whps.org/bristowlibrarylearningcommons
*Follow us on Twitter: @bristowllc*
*Follow me on Goodreads
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10867206-melissa-thom> *

[image: 6648600223023104.png]
*Currently Reading:     *
*A Hope More Powerful Than the Sea: One Teen Refugee's Incredible Story of
Love, Loss, and Survival by Melissa Fleming *
*Friend or Fiction by Abby Cooper (Netgalley)*
*Reclaiming** our Calling by Brad Gustafson*
*Currently Listening:*
*Allegedly** by Tiffany D. Jackson *
*Frost Blood by Elly Blake*
*Recently Finished:      *
*City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab*
*Skink by Carl Hiaasen (audio)*
*City of Saints and Thieves by Natalie Anderson (audio)*
*Love Double Dutch by Doreen Spicer-Dannelly*
*The Serpent's Secret by Sayantani Dasgupta *
*Hope To Read Soon:*
*Merci Suarez Changes Gears by Meg Medina*
*Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson*
*And sooooooooo many more;) *

Check out my blog all about books and reading!
http://www.msthomsbookitis.weebly.com
Follow me on Twitter @msthombookitis  <http://twitter.com/msthombookitis>*
<http://twitter.com/msthombookitis>           *

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This West Hartford Public Schools e-mail may contain