[CASL-L] Sensitivity in reminding students the books they have checked out while we are out of school

Emily Boisvert ebov at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 2 12:52:33 PDT 2020

CASL team,
I hesitated to put this question out there so soon after we've started this journey into distance learning. Obviously, our role as teachers, collaborators and curators is the most important right now, as well it should be!
But in the back of my mind is my role as library administrator. I'm wondering if anyone is forming a plan or given any thought in the event that we don't return to our schools at all this year, how to best approach getting materials back from students, especially those who would be leaving our buildings to "graduate" to the next grade level in another school.
If things were normal right now, I'd be reminding my students materials that they have currently checked out this week. I wonder if they'd still appreciate a gentle reminder before too much time goes by..........thoughts?

Emily Boisvert