[CASL-L] Looking for e-books

David Bilmes dbilmes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 21 09:49:09 PDT 2020

I have an English teacher who is looking for materials for her classes. I've already shared information with her about how to access the 424 e-books on our Follett Shelf, and shared with her information about Libby, the app our public library uses to access digital resources such as ebooks and audiobooks.
She teaches a Kid Lit class and is looking for e-books for grades 4-8. Examples she gave me are:
   - Night of the Howling Dogs, Graham Salisbury
   - The Birthday Room, Kevin Henkes
   - Birds of a Feather, Jacqueline Woodson
   - Rainy, Sis Deans
   - Any Beverly Cleary or Kimberly WIllis Holt
She also said: I want them to read longer-length novels for young readers. (But again, it can't be too old fashioned or they just don't get it.) Last semester my students read Island of the Blue Dolphins (that was okay); The Whipping Boy (They liked this one); and Where the Red Fern Grows (a good story, but a snoozer for today's reader).
I downloaded the Libby App and searched Bibliomation on it, and some of the above books were available and some weren't. Does anyone else have suggestions on how I can help her find e-books for her class?
David BilmesOxford High School