[CASL-L] E-books for classroom

edunnack3492 at charter.net edunnack3492 at charter.net
Tue Apr 28 06:21:30 PDT 2020

Hi:One of my principals reached out to me today to ask if I would
research online collections for schools so teachers can assign
specific books for lit circles, classroom reports etc. Right now, we
scramble to get together books from various sources to make a class
set. Our schools were way behind in technology, but with recent events
have taken big steps to correct that.
Overdrive seems to be mentioned quite frequently; I would be
interested in any experience you have with them. Even though we have
Alexandria library software, I purchase books from Follett. In looking
through the books they offer, I'm not sure they have enough multi-use
copies of titles the teachers would be interested in.
I would appreciate any suggestions here. Thanks!
Eileen DunnackWoodstock Public SchoolsWoodstock,
CTdunnacke at woodstockschools.net