[CASL-L] E-books for classroom

Melissa Thom melissa_thom at whps.org
Tue Apr 28 07:41:33 PDT 2020

Good Morning,

We also use and LOVE Sora/Overdrive in the WHPS middle schools.

Another great company that I use primarily for non-fiction is ABDO
<https://abdobooks.com/>! They have a lot of great content and the option
to purchase mulit-user ebooks.  If you purchase a certain amount, you also
get a print copy of each title ordered.  The purchased titles can be shared
via Classroom and even downloaded as a PDF.  The rep that I work with is
amazing and very personable.  His name is Monte Kuehl and his email is:
mkuehl at abdobooks.com -- just tell him that I referred you and he will bend
over backwards to help!!!

For a limited time, Mackin and JLG are offering various titles as well for
free--most of them multi-user.  If you can't find this info, we have links
on our Online Learning Website
<https://sites.google.com/whps.org/ms-onlinelearning/e-books-and-audiobooks?authuser=0>
for our teachers.

And last but not least, have you looked at Hoopla??  It's part of the
public library and users need a library card to sign up.  But they have a
lot of great titles for both ebooks and audiobooks that I am always trying
to promote to my teachers because they can do book groups and class reads
utilizing this free resource!!!

Hope this helps!!
Melissa

Melissa Thom
@MsThomBookitis
Bristow Middle School Teacher Librarian
West Hartford Public Schools
Bristow Library Learning Commons Webpage: h
<http://blog.whps.org/bristowlibrarylearningcommons>ttp://
bit.ly/BristowLibrary
*Follow us on Twitter: @bristowllc*
*Follow me on Goodreads
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10867206-melissa-thom> *
*Join the Libro.fm ACL <http://libro.fm/referral?rf_code=lfm82519> and
receive free audiobooks each month! Use my referal code: **lfm82519*

[image: 6648600223023104.png]

*Currently Reading:     *
*Ways to Make Sunshine by Renee Watson (ARC from Netgalley)*
*Quintessence by Jess Redman (Netgalley)*
*Currently Listening:*
*Land of Stories by Chris Colfer*
*Recently Finished:      *
*Black Girl Unlimited by Echo Brown (audio from Libro.fm
<http://libro.fm/referral?rf_code=lfm82519>)*
*Clean Getaway by Nic Stone **(audio from Libro.fm
<http://libro.fm/referral?rf_code=lfm82519>)*
*The Queen Bee and Me by Gillian McDunn***HIGHLY RECOMMEND*
*A Galaxy of Sea Stars by Jeanne Zulick Ferruolo***LOVE THIS BOOK*
*A Good Kind of Trouble by Lisa Moore Ramee*
*Sal and Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez (audio)*
*A Tale Magnolious by Suzanne Nelson***AMAZING STORY*
*Hope To Read Soon:*
*Ten Thousand Doors in January by Alix Harrow*
*We Used to Be Friends by Amy Spaulding*
*The List of Things That Will Not Change by Rebecca Stead*
*Mananaland by Pam Munoz Ryan*

Check out my blog all about books and reading!
http://www.msthomsbookitis.weebly.com
Follow me on Twitter @msthombookitis  <http://twitter.com/msthombookitis>*